Saturday, March 19, 2016

•{marbled.planets}•


This activity took a little more work than originally planned, but I love the way it turned out, so it was well worth it! I let my Little pick two colors of paint for each of the three planets we were going to make. I traced circles onto white construction paper and taped them inside a metal baking pan.


Then we added a few dots of each color to the circles (my paints don't have a squeeze top, so I used a toothpick to apply the paint blobs to our paper.) Then it was time for the fun part: shaking the pan to get the marbles rolling (we used four.)


After tilting the pan back and forth to get the desired tracks on our paper, we stopped to let them dry. Once dry, I cut out the circles as well as a couple "rings" for our planets and then glued them to a piece of black construction paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment